[bt-devel] rpms

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 5 May 2001 11:54:52 +0200

Some ideas on conventions concerning rpm creation:

>From 1.0 on we should
-always compile sword in statically (but not call the rpm "static", which
could be confusing [users do not know what is compiled in statically, qt,
kde, sword, ...])
-give detailed names to the rpms indicating their target distribution better
(e.g. mandrake_8 instead of mdk, redhat_7 instead of rh, ...)
-provide no sword rpms. that should be done on the sword project page
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sword
(Brook, I'll add you to the project there. It would be good to offer the
module rpms there, categorized after module types and languages. Agreed?)

Just proposals. Please comment.

May I remind you that after the 1.0 release we want to take a development
break and have a time of promotion. Could you please make proposals on what
we could do therefore (slashdot article(?), newsforge etc.) and who could do
it?
I'd like to have some logo that users can put on their webpages to link to
bibletime (like the gimp etc. logo). What do you think of that idea? Do you
know somebody who could do that (or could you do it)?

Martin