[bt-devel] Bibletime update of current compile

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 3 May 2001 16:56:03 +0200

Hi Brook!

> Lets say I put in an entry for gen. 1:1 and save it in the personal
> commentary. If I go back and try to edit the entry everything is fine if
> I only use the keyboard but if I try to highlight some text with my
> mouse, to for example change the font color, when I release the mouse
> button it fills that comment with garbage text.

I can't reproduce this. Maybe it really a KDE problem.

> It may be that my instelation of kde may be messed up because I tried
> this exact same thing on another system here in my shop and could not
> reproduce this.
>
> One thing that they both do however is if I delete all the text from a
> comment in my personal commentary and then save it with no text in it it
> will make 4 or 5 characters of garbage text as the comment. no big deal
> you just have to remember to always leave some text written for the
> verse you were working on.

This problem is known, but I never found out why the garbage appears.
It occurs if you save a comment which is empty, then the garbage is there.
But I don't know why, because we save the empty text. I'll look at it again.

Joachim