[bt-devel] again: Font problems

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 2 May 2001 21:41:41 +0200

Hi!

> What means "wrong charset"?
> Qt does not know which charset encoding we want.

Qt uses Unicode.
It maps greek fonts normally into another area of the fontmap than latin1.
But because we do want to have latin1 and the greek chars are not mapped
internally to latin1 but to iso8859-7 we do get normal latin1 characters
(probably Helvetica).
Greek fonts are mapped into another rea than latin1 fonts, so we get the wron
characters.

I'm no expert in this area, sorry for my bad explanation. At least it this
what a man from TrollTech told me.

Joachim