[bt-devel] Important language questions

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:11:39 -0500

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> > > Are there different terms for the windows containing Bibles, commentaries
> > > and lexicons?
> >
> > I don't think there need to be, as all are presenting documents.  remember
> > in the future these could also include pictures, sound or watever sword
> > adds to the module base.
>
> Can we call the presenters "Document window" ? Interactive is not right at
> the moment :)
> Or is "Text window" better?

"Document Window" is probably better as we will not need to change it when sword
adds non text documents.

> > > Is this really fitting?
> >
> > I will admit that calling a bookmark a document is a bit of a stretch,  but
> > a group is as assembly of documents (in the O'Reily book on docbook this is
> > called a document set).  The only modules available now are text documents.
> >  In the future other things may be added - here there seems to be some
> > confusion as to what to call a mixed media document, so I think we can do
> > what seems most inntuitive for the user.
> > If you use the term "Group Manager", in the english version it should be
> > formated as two words with both capitalized.
>
> "Group Manager" is also hard to translate into German.
> If everybody agress to "Document Index" I'll use it.

If the presenter is the "Document Window", then The module tree should be the
"Document Index".

> > > But how should I say in a menu to print the kex with it's text (e.g. in
> > > the searchdialog) ??
> >
> > I think you are referring to the "Search Result".  I think it is clear as
> > is, and does not need any more detail.  The only thing I would change here
> > is that "Found entries:" should be changed to "Entries found"
>
> If you press the right mouse button on the module list and result list you
> have some options.
> For example it's possible to copy a key into clipboard and another option is
> to copy the key with it's text into the clipboard.
> Is there a better word for "Key with text"?

I must not be following you here.
Right mouse on a module in the module list (left pane)
Drop down menu

     New Presenter
     Delete Selected Modules
     Search Modules
     Show Info

Right mouse on a module in the module list (left pane)
Drop down menu

     Create New Group
     Import Bookmark
     Export Bookmark
     Delete selected item

Right mouse on a "Document Window"

     SAVE AS HTML
     Save as Text
     Select All
     Copy Selected
     Copy to Clipboard
     Add to print que

After trying document functions, they seem to copy text with key when the key is
in the window, otherwise not

     Lexicons - key is full reference
     Commentaries  - Key is full reference
     Bibles - key is only verse number

What am I missing, I am not sure what function you are referring to.
Fred

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach