[bt-devel] Important language questions

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:29:11 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> > > This could be called an interactive document window.
> >
> > Are there different terms for the windows containing Bibles, commentaries
> > and lexicons?
>
> What about "text window"?

Yes, that is OK.

> > But how should I say in a menu to print the kex with it's text (e.g. in the
> > searchdialog) ??
>
> Perhaps "print this verse" for bibles/commentaries and "print this entry" for
> lexicons?

This would also be OK.  The main thing is to use terms that are intuitive.

> We want to release BibleTime 1.0 as soon as possible. We will have a 1.0pre
> version, a short time of testing, bug-removing, optimizing, doc-writing,
> translating (feature freeze), followed by the 1.0 final release. Please make
> feature requests NOW if you think they must be included in 1.0final; and
> please be prepared to test BibleTime once we have 1.0pre out. That is when
> the translators should be available and when the documentation should be
> refined/finished.
> Thanks for your willingness to help. Let us get this done!
>
> Martin
>
> P.S. Don't forget this is HIS thing.

I want to get the documents in sync with the terms used in the program as much
as possible.
Note: I am making my changes to the /bibletime/bibletime/docs/en/Documents
branch.  I have not uploaded any changes to the sourceforge tree yet.  I have
not had time to find the upload command in the site docs yet.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach