[bt-devel] Important language questions

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:23:21 +0100

Hi Fred!

Thank you very much for your answer!

> > 1. New term for "Presenter" (Biblepresenter, Commentarypresenter,
> > Lexiconpresenter)
>
> This could be called an interactive document window.

Are there different terms for the windows containing Bibles, commentaries and
lexicons?

> > 2. New term for "Groupmanager"
>
> Document Index

Is this really fitting?
The groupmanager has groups, bookmarks and modules.

But if "Document index" is fitting for these three types I'm glad for your
new term.

> > 3. If it's not fitting a new term for "Searchdialog"
>
> Search Dialog is fine.

Ok.

> > 4. How do you call a verse of the BibleTime ? (Do you call it Key?)
> > 5. How do you call an entry of a lexicon ? (Do you call it Key?)
> > 6. How do you call a verse or entry of a commentyr of the BibleTime ? (Do
> > you call it Key?)
>
> Key is fine for verse and entry identification numbers (what we usually
> call verse  numbers) for all of the above as long as we define it in the
> documentation.

Ok, I think we should use Key  and sometimes versenumber.

> > 7. How do you call a verse with text (key with text?? )? The same
> > question for
> >
> > lexicon and commentary again.
>
> I probably would not use this phrase when writing as what we are talking
> about is a verse number (or key) which identifies a section of text.

But how should I say in a menu to print the kex with it's text (e.g. in the
searchdialog) ??

> > 8. Another better term for "key chooser" (for Bibles, commentaries and
> > lexicons)
>
> If the identifying number is called a key, then "key chooser" is OK

Ok, let's use "key chooser".

Joachim Ansorg
BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.