[bt-devel] CD ISO and bibletimebase.tar.gz

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:54:38 +0200

Hi Troy!

> 	Loki's installer uses *base.tar.gz file (for you, bibletimebase.tar.gz)
> for all the NON-BINARY files.  The binaries go under bin/x86, and in the
> future, bin/sparc, bin/ppc, bin/arm, etc.  Actually, I think you can
> further split x86 down to: bin/x86/glibc21, and bin/x86/glibc22, etc.

bin/x86/bibletime is a static binary of 0.24 with a linked in GLIBC 2.1 so it
should work on all x86 Linux plattforms.

> But for now, we're just supporting x86, as that is the only binary of
> the setup program, itself, that we include on the CD.  The others can
> build from source, for now.

> Anyway, all that to say, it would be best to remove bin/bibletime from
> the bibletimebase.tar.gz file, and place it in bin/x86/bibletime.

I thought bin/x86/bibletime is already placed there. But we still have to
remove the bibletime binary from the package.
bibletimebase.tar.gz contains all the icons etc. so its installation is
required for the correct appeareance of bibletime.

> Thank you!!!  Actually, I'll probably do 0.24 tonight so I can burn CDs
> for the show.  But in the future, that's how it should be.

Joachim