[bt-devel] Trolltech makes Qt/Windows available under new non-commercial license

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:50:52 +0200

This is great news!

Actually I have expected this by following the development on
http://sf.net/projects/kde-cygwin. They ported Qt 2.3.0 and thereby "forced"
Trolltech to move to a new licensing scheme.

At this point we will _not_ react. I think the KDE team might decide to port
KDE. Once this is done we can think about creating a BT port, not earlier.
Let's see what happens in this area...

BTW a mac port might be possible too...

Martin