[bt-devel] 2 tasks

fred bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:54:54 -0400

I think the usual process is to not bite off too big a chunk of work at one time.  With a limited pool of
developers, the main thing that working on two much at once does is delay the next release.

We should make a list of all of the ideas we have for improvements, and sort this into which release we will
try to have them ready for.

For example assuming martin's order was decided to be the best, we might do things in this order.

Version    Change description
1.0             Now
1.1             Install mgr and associated docs
1.2             minor changes to presenter.
2.0            new display space
2.1            full unicode support
2.2           Automatic installation of fonts required for modules

It just striles me that the new display would qualify as a really major improvement or change and should be
expected to take some time.

Sourceforge recommends that projects release often to keep users interested in what developers are doing.