[bt-devel] 2 tasks

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:20:20 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

since cvs is open again and 1.1 development can start now I
want to discuss an important issue with you.
In
http://sourceforge.net/pm/task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=33121&group_id=954&group_project_id=10196
and
http://sourceforge.net/pm/task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=33120&group_id=954&group_project_id=10196
Joachim made 2 suggestions regarding a new display and workspace
structure of BT.

In my personal opinion we should not always try to restructure BT with
every new upcoming release. The workspace we have now is quite good
and can still be enhanced. But I vote against a new concept like in
konqueror. We can for example provide "tile now" and "cascade now"
buttons...

Creating a new display will not be easy. This is something that might be
useful,
but is not what we should concentrate on now - unless somebody has
experience with this kind of thing...
What we could do: use the existing display, put away the red highlighting of
the current verse. Whenever a new verse in the current chapter is requested
just jump to the verse's anchor without rebuilding the page. Is much easier
than rewriting the whole widget which must support unicode and bidi and
editing...

We should now concentrate on new features like the installmgr and making
what we have more usable and intuitive. We should keep these 2 big tasks
for later.

What do you think?

Martin

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Der zweitgroesste Lotto-Jackpot aller Zeiten: 36 Mio. DM suchen einen
Gewinner!
Jetzt online tippen und nebenbei noch eine Reise nach Las Vegas gewinnen!
http://www.get1.de/gmx-gewinnspiel2