[bt-devel] New release date of version 1.0

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:24:57 +0200

Hi!

We have now a environment variable BT_PATH which is used for the static build.
The static build should use a script which sets BT_PATH to the install
location of BibleTime and which calls then the real BibleTime executable.
$KDEDIRS should be set by the script to the directory where BibleTime is
tnstalled.

The binary with support for static build should be created similair to this:

make -f Makefile.cvs
CPPFLAGS="-DSTATIC_BUILD" ./configure
make

I gave it some more testing. I got it working with alls icons, menu entries,
HTML files etc.

BUT: The save, open etc. file dialogs (the KDE standard one) is NOT working
because the mimtype database is not available and because dcopserver, kdeinit
etc. are not running.

I introduced now two new methods CToolClass:getSaveFileName and
CToolClass::getOpenFileName which class KFileDialog or QFileDialog depending
on the value of STATIC_BUILD (we use #ifdefs). Testing has wshown that this
work around is working.

But I don't know if a static build is different in some way because I cannot
test with a real static build.

Joachim