[bt-devel] How Should Patches Be Posted?

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 23:03:01 -0700

1) Do a: cvs update -d
in the top directory of your CVS checkout.  This will attempt to 'merge'
the latest code with your code.

2) Try to build.  You may get errors because of <<<<<<<< and >>>>>>>> in
your code.  Anywhere CVS couldn't figure out how to merge it will
include both of its options in something like this

<<<<<<<<<
latest CVS code
your code

You will need to choose by editing the files with these markers.

The you should be able to do a: cvs diff -u > patch
and send in the patch file.

Hope this helps.

	-Troy.