[bt-devel] cvs instructions

fred bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 04 Jul 2001 08:09:07 -0400

mg.pub@gmx.net wrote:

> Please place the following default values in ~/.cvsrc
> to avoid unnecessary commandline options:
>
> cvs -z4 -q
> diff -u3 -p
> update -dP
> checkout -P

Checkout does not work as a shortcut, the others seem to work OK.
I have uploaded a new doc on the shortcuts and one with the CVS instructions
for sword and bibletime

> This way for example subdirs will be created etc.
>
> Fred could you test this and add it to the dev instructions please?
>
> Martin

What is wrong with this set of CVS instructions, I can not get cervisia to
checkout
Fred
---------------------------------

cd /home/fks00 && cvs -d
:ext:saalbach_fk@cvs.bibletime.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime checkout -P
bibletime
usw-pr-cvs.sourceforge.net: Connection refused
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)
[Exited with error]
---------------------------------

Here is the instruction set
---------------------------------

Setting up GUI cvs interface.
The cvs graphical user interface may be useful if you access the repository
often. There are two that have been tested with the sourcefocerge
repository.  These are the setup instructions.

Please see the program instructions for operating instructions.

cervisia
First you need to read the sourceforge site doc CVS HOWTO and the CVS_SSH
FAQ,
and set up the .ssh directory with authorized keys and known hosts.

Now under the repository tab in the 'configure access to repositories' dialog

box click the add button
enter on the repositories line
:ext:username@cvs.bibletime.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime
enter on the remote shell line

tkcvs
As of  TkCVS version 6.3 (version used in Mandrake 7.2), there is a bug that
prevents it's proper operation from the kde popup menu.  It will not work
with
ssh.  To workaround this, you must start it from a shell:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/usr/local/cvsroot
tkcvs

We don't recommend using tkcvs for uploading files