[bt-devel] doc question

fred bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 22:54:36 -0400

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > This is a matter of style.  The best thing would be to have sk/HTML/common
> > populated with images from the sk locale.  If the images are not created
> > for a language yet, / common could populated with another language's image
> > set, or it can be left blank.  The best results would be if translators
> > would fix the images for their locale.
>
> If we include english images for all locales we get a blown up package
> (without images it was around 1 MB, with images (including sk etc.) around 2
> MB). This is too much, so I decided to create links for locales not using own
> images.

I was thinking that you would use shortcuts, but Espin's question made me think
she had no images.  I did not want to try to explaine how to create shortcuts.
Should I cut down on the image resolution or size the next time I make some?
The existing batch of images was made at full screen resolution and size.

> > I have avoided doing anything to the handbook until we get past the release
> > point.  Is this correct?
>
> 1.0.1 is developed in the re-1-0 branch, you may commit new things in the
> HEAD branch (the normal way).

Good, I will start working on that.
Fred