[bt-devel] ideas

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:04:37 +0100

Hi!

> > > The search result page layout nedds to be changed: i normally only see
> > > the result verse list when i resize the whole dialog, because the
> > > module names are so long. maybe each of them shold get 50%? Or we could
> > > use the short module names instead?
>
> Before we release 1.0, one thing I would want: we should implement parallel
> viewing of
> a) bible passages (best solution: html tables -- similar to bibleworksop)
> b) commentary entries (also?? -- view several commentaries in parallel)
> c) lexicon entries (same??)

This should be possible.
How should we syncronize modules?
Select several modules in the groupmanager ans RMB->New presenter?
Or in another way?

> It should be possible to synchronize (former autoscroll button)
> a) a commentary presenter to a bible presenter (current key)
> b) a lexicon presenter to
>  1) words that were highlighted(and right-clicked),
>       clicked or maybe just mouse moved over?
>  2) strong numbers

Will be very hard, but maybe possible.
I'll give my best.

> These are just proposals for discussing. Maybe it is impossible.
> I am sorry but at the moment I cannot help coding. :(
>
> Please comment everybody, especially those who are not coding! What
> features would you like to see?

Yes, otherwise you won't get them.
After 1.0 I'll take a break and won't work so much on BibleTime, probably
only bug fixes.
That's why I spend _lot's_ of time and it's sometimes depressing that there
are so many users and almost no programmers.
Another reason is that I sit too much in front of my computer, this isn't
very healthy. I don't want to get backache.
After the break I'll continue, but I'll spend less time on BT.

These are the reason why 1.0 should be almost perfect, bugfree and easy to
use and install for _everybody_.

Please comment or you won't get your features.

> Maybe we need a place (website) to collect feature requests from users?

Yes, should be possible.
At the moment I'm learning Perl, I'll use it as exercise (If I find some
time).

--
BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.