[bt-devel] ThML

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:00:17 +0100

> Looks like we have to implement the following tags:
>
> Used for formatting:
> ------------------------------------
> attr            	Attribution, e.g. poem author
> date            	Any date or time
> l               	Line of verse
> name            	A person's name
> verse           	Poetry, verse
>
> Tags which are not only relevant for formatting:
> ------------------------------------
> foreign         	Foreign language passage
> citation        	Reference to another work
> note            	Footnotes, endnotes, etc.
> scripCom        	Commentary on scripture
> scripContext    	Set scripture context for later references
> scripRef        	Scripture reference
> scripture       	Scripture passage
> sync            	Synchronization point(Strongs)
>
> IMHO the most important tags are foreign, sripRef, note and scripCom.
> Is this right?

Yes. Though the formatting related tags should be MUCH easier to do, maybe it
would be intelligent to start with these to see how it works; though they can
be left out at this point.
But you are right.

> We should concentrate to try to implement these tags at first, the other
> tags may follow.

We need some object for "translating" the ThML stuff. For example, scripture
references can be pretty complicated and have to be analysed. But this would
not be necessary for displaying; "only" for DND, popup menus etc.
You know, the stuff that makes it productive and really useful.

> BTW: We need a GBF->ThML filter if we switch to ThML.

Yes. Do we have some ThML modules in sword for testing?

Martin