[bt-devel] ThML

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:52:20 +0100

Hi Martin!
Looks like we have to implement the following tags:

Used for formatting:
------------------------------------
attr            	Attribution, e.g. poem author
date            	Any date or time
l               	Line of verse
name            	A person's name
verse           	Poetry, verse

Tags which are not only relevant for formatting:
------------------------------------
foreign         	Foreign language passage
citation        	Reference to another work
note            	Footnotes, endnotes, etc.
scripCom        	Commentary on scripture
scripContext    	Set scripture context for later references
scripRef        	Scripture reference
scripture       	Scripture passage
sync            	Synchronization point(Strongs)

IMHO the most important tags are foreign, sripRef, note and scripCom.
Is this right?

We should concentrate to try to implement these tags at first, the other tags
may follow.
BTW: We need a GBF->ThML filter if we switch to ThML.

> I added several ThML related files in docs/ThML.
> Please read the README file and comment on it.
>
> Martin

Joachim Ansorg
BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.