[bt-devel] dev status

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:23:33 +0100

Hey Joachim

> Sorry, I have absolutely no idea how to solve this.
> One thing is that QComboBox doesn't refresh the sizeHint when the list
> changes.
> Another reason is that the layouts prevent the widget from resizing. I
> tried updateGeometry() as described in QWidget and QBoxLayout::invalidate
> but both things id not help. I commented out my tries in CLexiconChooser
> and CKeyChooserWIdget::reset.
> Sorry, but I don't know how to fix this.

Well, then we need to find another way. Maybe we should set the combobox to a
minimum width when it is created, so that almost all lexicons will display
correctly?
Could you try to contact the KDE developers on this matter? Maybe it is
really not possible, but then they should make it possible in KDE 3, which is
still in development. You could perhaps give them a detailed description at
bugs.kde.org.

> A release on christmas would be cool. People are probably waiting almost
> one year for a new release of BibleTime :)

Martin