[bt-devel] Documentation - makefiles

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 18:02:27 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> > Should I remove all html files from prevous versions?  This would leave
> > only the english.
>
> I think you can leave them weher you have (also partly) translated data from
> the *.po files (and therefore valid *docbook files too). Other languages can
> be removed from html imo.
>
> Martin

This is one of those times where the telephone would come in handy.

What I was trying to do was to was create a target in both the
xml.docbook and ~.html forms in each language.  My thought was that the
programmers would want to be able to target something that would have
the desired filename, rather than targeting a broken link.

If I understand correctly you would prefer to have the html and unicode
directories empty instead of either a "target" file or "out of date
translation".

Tonight I will strip out the "target files"  This will leave only the
German having html files, these being slightly out of date.  I am going
to remove the german .po files as I have made some changes to the
english.

Fred