[bt-devel] Documentation - en/installation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 23:09:44 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> > The features document can be moved into the handbook in the cvs.
>
> Yes, and we should probably only cover the latest version.
>
> > Or if you think it more approperate, we could create additional cvs
> > trees for stuff like this.  You might want to look at
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook for a possibility.  I don't
> > think I am up to creating our own cascading style sheet for a cvs based
> > website, but some of the features might be useful.
> >
> > If more cvs trees are added to the repository, please add a
> > $CVSROOT/modules file to the cvs tree (see chapter 1.3 of the cervsia
> > manual).  This would make it possible for cervisia to fetch a list of
> > modules.
>
> I don't get you idea here. cvs trees for what?

Some of the sites (including crosswire ) seem to be doing a large
portion of the website generation on the CVS and then somhow making
access to a public issue version.  Might not work at our stage of
development.  Forget the idea.

> > I will update my copy of the cvs today and start working from that.
>
> I made some more changes to the Makefile system (controlled by gen_am.sh).
> Installation currently goes in (SuSE 7.3)
> /opt/kde2/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime/handbook
> ...                             helpdialog
> etc.
>
> This directory will contain the *.docbook and *.png files as well as a
> "common" symlink to /opt/kde2/share/doc/HTML/en/common (contains the KDE css).
> Please test and comment, though the system is not yet finished.

This is a different location than I usually install to in mandrake.
Normally I use export KDEDIR=/usr to put the binaries in the same place
as the other applications this put the doc files in
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime, and some other stuff winds up at
/usr/share/apps/bibletime.  Either we will need to some how detect where
~/share/doc/HTML/en should be or have the user input the necessary
information.  We might want to consider this the way sword does it in
the Makefile.cfg (entering target locations in a script file).  Either
way somhow the same thing needs to happen to both bibletime and
bibletime-docs.

> We must now think about integrating the help docs in the program and in KDE.
> Joachim?
>
> Martin

Fred