[bt-devel] again: Font problems

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:31:39 +0200

Hi!

The font problems are there again!
Our slovak translator reported that the messages are correct in all other KDE
and Qt apps  except BibleTime.
I'm sure this is caused by our workaround (Slovak uses ISO8859-2).

To make it working again with languages using another charset than 8859-1 I
removed the workaround.
Now I don't know how to work around this Qt limitation.

Maybe changing the fonts would be the best? But we do have to rights to do
such a thing.
Do you have another idea? Otherwise all the greek and hebrew modules won't
work.

The sole workaround I found until now is to change the name of the charset in
the fonts.dir files (for example /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/sword/fonts.dir) to
your local charset (for example iso8859-1 or iso885-2). At least this works
for me, but could we really expect this of our users?

Joachim