[bt-devel] icons + etc

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:05:27 +0200

> I am a beginner at this.  You are correct about needint to keep the
> repository and sourceforge docs in sync.

I suggest the following:
Apart from the dev docs, that which is is of general interest will be kept at
sourceforge. I think of requirements, install instructions etc. These are
things which do not belong into a handbook imo. The handbook should describe
how to use the program.
We should still pull down some of the latest versions of the online docs (can
be updated & edited by several people, making administration easy) and
include them (pure HTML) in the repository. Like install instructions, faq,
known bugs etc.
What do you think?

> I am finished with BT 1.0 docs.  I updated a few pictures in the search
> section, and as things are in translation I am leaving the both the
> sourceforge and local repository alone.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable work. Thank you
for sacrificing your time. Without you 1.0 would not have been possible yet
and not in this quality. I think at least Joachim agrees.

> I had not tried view+edit  I will hunt around and see if I can figure it
> out. If it requires staying on line while editing it may not be practical
> (only one phone line here).

It does not. Just test. You can edit a document by copying the source from a
text field into your preferred app, going offline, editing, going online and
pasting in the updated version.

Do you like this mechanism?
What is interesting is that anybody (even non sourceforge members) can submit
a new documentation for bibletime there. It will then be placed in queue for
review of one of the doc admins. But we may not need this. ;)

Martin