[bt-devel] Re: Path Question

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 21:34:53 -0400

This is interesting
If I put
export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde2
export PATH=$KDEDIRS/bin:$PATH
in
$HOME/.bashrc

the destop is broken but bibletime works perfectly

If I put
export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde2
in
$HOME/.bashrc

The destop is normal, and bibletime still seems to work  (I did not find
anything that does not.

Is it really necessary to use
export PATH=$KDEDIRS/bin:$PATH
when running bibletime?

If we must use both can we add a script to set these system variables and launch
bibletime from the script?  I think this would reduce the likelyhood of problems
setting up bibletime.  It would shure make the instructions for starting
bibletime shorter.

Fred

--
Best Regards