[bt-devel] Module RPM's

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 08:07:27 -0400

I was looking over the sword site and found that Brook has created RPM's
of a number of sword modules.  He uses a different file structure than
the one I am recommending in Bibletime installation guide.  Should I
change the guide to be consistant so that RPM's and raw modules can be
installed together?

I can not test this as these modules require that sword be installed
from an RPM (dependancy issues).  I don't want to create myself trouble
by forcing RPM's just now.

Fred

Proposed change below.

3.1.2.3. Integrating modules

Create the directory mods.d inside of your SWORD directory. Please copy
the file [modulename].conf into the mods.d directory. the .conf file is
normally inside the unpacked module files. Now move the whole dir
"modules" which contains your unpacked module data files to the SWORD
directory. In the example /usr/local/sword is the SWORD directory.

This structure is the same as is used in the sword module RPM's, so you
can install both RPM's and raw modules.

 Directory Structure looks like this:

 /usr/share/sword/ -|- doc -----|- module documentation

                    |- mods.d/ -|- module_1_name.conf
                    |           |- module_2_name.conf

                    |- modules -|- lexdict -|- rawld -|- lexicon module
files

                                |- texts ---|- rawtexts -|- bibletext
modulefiles

                                |- comments -|-rawcom -|- commentary
files

A SWORD based app has to know where the modules are located. You need a
small configuration file in /etc to do this. Create the file
/etc/sword.conf.The file has to contain only the two following lines:

 [Install]
 DataPath=/usr/share/sword

If you select a location other than /usr/local/sword in the example
above for your path to the SWORD directory, point the data path to your
selected Sword directory.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach