[bt-devel] Documentation, added REGEXP stuff.

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:33:28 +0200

Hi!

> > I think the following things are important so they should be covered in
> > the handbook:
> >         -The new module chooser page of the searchdialog, it's now
> > possible to open the searchdialog without having to select the modules in
> > the main index. The module chooser is already in 1.0beta1.

> I just updated from the CVS last night, and only find the 4 pages on the
> search dialog.  No module chooser.  Should I load from the static copy or
> do I need to checkout a new copy instead of updating cvs?  It is possible
> that I have a permissions problem with my CVS as I update as a regular user
> and compile as root.

The titles of the four pages of the searchdialog are:
	1. Choose modules
	2. Search text
	3.  Search result
	4. Search analysis
The first page is the module chooser.
To checkout a new copy is not required, but maybe it will help if nothing
else works.
Using the static or shared library of Sword is incurious.
The static version of BibleTime is old (version 0.24 for KDE 1.1.x), I don't
know if this is the sense of your sentence about the static copy.

Perhaps it's a permission problem.
I do normally update as regular user (changing into the top directory of
BibleTime and doing "cvs -z4 update -Pd") and I compile as a regular user)
The very first step of compiling should be done like this: "export
KDEDIR=kde2 dir QTDIR=qt2 dir; make -f Makefile.cvs; ./configure; make".
After sources were updated by CVS you do only need to do "make".
To install the binary and the required files do " su -c "make install" ".
If undefined references or similair things occur try the first step.

All steps can be done  as a regular user, installing with su -c "make
install" is done as root.

I hope this helps! If it doesn't please ask again what do do.

God bless you Fred!
Joachim