[bt-devel] Synchronizing -- also handbook update

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 06:16:32 -0400

Sorry I forgot about CVS add, the files are uploaded now.  Also a large number of
icons.  I put all of the new icons in /HTML/common.  I think I probably should
remove the duplicate copy of /common, it's getting rather big.

I will try your instructions regarding bookmarks tonight I will let you know if they
work.

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi Fred!
>
> > I can't keep up with your progress.  Good work, I might recompile next
> > week.
> >
> > Handbook updates -
> > Added toolbar icon list
> > Added default hot keys list
> > Added pictures for search
> > Added section on starting Bibletime
> > Changed KDE image.
>
> Thank you!
> Please add the HTML files which are created by the new docbook files. (cvs
> -z5 add ...)
>
> > I have not converted all occurrences of group manager to main index yet.
>
> > I still have not been able to get bookmarks to work.  Do I need a bookmark
> > module to dump bookmarks into?  In any case until I get it to work I will
> > not modify the book mark section.
>
> The bookmarks aare stored in the main index.
> Bookmarks are managed by Drag&Drop.
> An example:
>         -Open the searchdialog for a Bible module
>         -Search for "Jesus"
>         -Click on the module to get the results for it
>         -You can drag the found keys into the main index (normal Drag&Drop). You
> have to drop the key on a group or on the top-level of the main index.
>         -After havving dropped the key a small dialog will popup which asks for a
> description of the bookmark
>         -You may press cancel if you dislike a description
>         -The bookmark appears now in the main index as sub item of the group you
> dropped it on
>         -Each bookmark has a tooltip, test it (stay with the mouse cursor some
> seconds over the bookmark item)
>
> Does it work?
> You can also drag the versenumbers of the Bible windows and the highlighted
> items of the commentaries and lexicons windows.
>
> > Personal Commentary does not work either.  I know the reason is that I
> > discarded all of my sword modules.  I believe the personal commentary is
> > loaded as a sword module.  It might be a good idea to post a zip file on
> > source forge structured like a sword module but containing only an empty
> > personal commentary.
>
> The personal module is a Sword module. You can download it on
> www.crosswire.org in the Commentaries section.
> You should have write access to the files of the personal commentary module.

Thanks I will look for it

> > Let me know what you think of my changes.
>
> I can't read them because the HTML files are missing.
>
> Joachim

Thanks

--
Best Regards