[bt-devel] Synchronizing -- also handbook update

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:28:04 +0200

Hi Fred!

> I can't keep up with your progress.  Good work, I might recompile next
> week.
>
> Handbook updates -
> Added toolbar icon list
> Added default hot keys list
> Added pictures for search
> Added section on starting Bibletime
> Changed KDE image.

Thank you!
Please add the HTML files which are created by the new docbook files. (cvs
-z5 add ...)

> I have not converted all occurrences of group manager to main index yet.

> I still have not been able to get bookmarks to work.  Do I need a bookmark
> module to dump bookmarks into?  In any case until I get it to work I will
> not modify the book mark section.

The bookmarks aare stored in the main index.
Bookmarks are managed by Drag&Drop.
An example:
	-Open the searchdialog for a Bible module
	-Search for "Jesus"
	-Click on the module to get the results for it
	-You can drag the found keys into the main index (normal Drag&Drop). You
have to drop the key on a group or on the top-level of the main index.
	-After havving dropped the key a small dialog will popup which asks for a
description of the bookmark
	-You may press cancel if you dislike a description
	-The bookmark appears now in the main index as sub item of the group you
dropped it on
	-Each bookmark has a tooltip, test it (stay with the mouse cursor some
seconds over the bookmark item)

Does it work?
You can also drag the versenumbers of the Bible windows and the highlighted
items of the commentaries and lexicons windows.

> Personal Commentary does not work either.  I know the reason is that I
> discarded all of my sword modules.  I believe the personal commentary is
> loaded as a sword module.  It might be a good idea to post a zip file on
> source forge structured like a sword module but containing only an empty
> personal commentary.

The personal module is a Sword module. You can download it on
www.crosswire.org in the Commentaries section.
You should have write access to the files of the personal commentary module.

> Let me know what you think of my changes.

I can't read them because the HTML files are missing.

Joachim