[bt-devel] Threads / New idea for versformatting

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:10:38 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 04 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> No the ideas I had about the key chooser:
>
> There are two types of key choosers: One for bible-keys and the other one
> for lexicons keys.
>
> 1) The bible key chooser:
> 	It should be divided in three parts (Book - Chapter - Verse), the parts
> should be visually divided from each other but they shouldn't be places far
> away from each other.  Basically the thre types should contain the same
> elements which I'll describe now here (elements of one key part):
> 	-A Combobox (like the current thing we have)

featuring Autocompletion!

> 	-Three buttons vertically arranged (The button on the top is an arrow
> pointing to the top, the button in the middle is a scrolling button I'll
> describe here later, the third one (the button at the bottom) is an arrow
> pointing to the bottom). The first and third button are similair to the
> buttons of a SpinBox. The first and third button move to the next /
> previous entry in the list. YXOucan also use the comboboy to choose an
> entry .
>
> Description of the scroll-button: This special button looks like a small
> vertical line. If you move the mouse over the button and press it it's
> possible to get a preview in the combobox it belongs to what content is
> chosen. If you move the (pressed) mouse away from the button to the top it
> shows the entries being before the current entry. If you move the mouse
> faster it changes faster.
> The same if you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen but the next
> after the current one will be shown.
> The special button was a nice feature of a windows program to compose music
> (Midis), I dopn't remember the name.

Only the Combobox Content changes, right? The real Presenter content is
updated when you release the mouse button.
Should the mouse pointer be frozen on the scrollbutton (<- my suggestion)
while the mouse button is being pressed, or should it move around the screen?

> 2) The lexicon key chooser:
> The same as the bible key choose but only one part (one combobox with it's
> three buttons).
>

> I'd suggest to create a general combobox derived class which implements
> support for the three buttons and then create the key choosers widgets
> using the general comboboxes for it's parts.

Agreed.

> I'd also suggest to make the
> keychooser general in it's number of parts (e.g. three parts for the
> bible-style, one part for the lexicon-style, other styles may be added
> later). But feel free to send other idea,thoughts, comments...

Not so good, too much overhead. I suggest to implement specific classes for
the specific presenters. They could inherit one base class, though.
Just like CModulePresenter, CSwordLexiconPresenter etc.

> You can search for mem-leaks, fix some bugs in the backend and the
> commentary presenter, everything you like ;-)

Bugs? Please more detailed. I will try.

Martin