[bt-devel] Threads / New idea for versformatting

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:49:05 +0000

No the ideas I had about the key chooser:

There are two types of key choosers: One for bible-keys and the other one for
lexicons keys.

1) The bible key chooser:
	It should be divided in three parts (Book - Chapter - Verse), the parts
should be visually divided from each other but they shouldn't be places far
away from each other.  Basically the thre types should contain the same
elements which I'll describe now here (elements of one key part):
	-A Combobox (like the current thing we have)
	-Three buttons vertically arranged (The button on the top is an arrow
pointing to the top, the button in the middle is a scrolling button I'll
describe here later, the third one (the button at the bottom) is an arrow
pointing to the bottom). The first and third button are similair to the
buttons of a SpinBox. The first and third button move to the next / previous
entry in the list. YXOucan also use the comboboy to choose an entry .

Description of the scroll-button: This special button looks like a small
vertical line. If you move the mouse over the button and press it it's
possible to get a preview in the combobox it belongs to what content is
chosen. If you move the (pressed) mouse away from the button to the top it
shows the entries being before the current entry. If you move the mouse
faster it changes faster.
The same if you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen but the next after
the current one will be shown.
The special button was a nice feature of a windows program to compose music
(Midis), I dopn't remember the name.

2) The lexicon key chooser:
The same as the bible key choose but only one part (one combobox with it's
three buttons).

I'd suggest to create a general combobox derived class which implements
support for the three buttons and then create the key choosers widgets using
the general comboboxes for it's parts. I'd also suggest to make the
keychooser general in it's number of parts (e.g. three parts for the
bible-style, one part for the lexicon-style, other styles may be added later).
But feel free to send other idea,thoughts, comments...

> > Yes, good. But my idea was to hold it simple and easy to use. Don't know
> > if all Newbies can work with the placeholders etc.
> > What do you think?
>
> We could have this as an option, so that the users could choose between
> predefined ones and can customize their own styles. Maybe they could choose
> one style for printing, one for the presenters. We could even have one
> style per module...
>
> > No Martin, I hav not forgotten to send you some notes about the
> > key-chooser widget, but school is very time consuming. I'll try to send
> > them this weekend.

> Please do it! Can I do something else in between?

You can search for mem-leaks, fix some bugs in the backend and the commentary
presenter, everything you like ;-)

> BTW: will we use QT Designer? I suggest it.

You can use Qt designer if you like it.

> Martin

--Joachim