[bt-devel] backend

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:45:50 +0000

Hi!

> Hi Joachim,
>
> CSwordLDKey::getNextEntry( CSwordLDKey* nextEntry )
>
> IMO should be
>
> CSwordLDKey::NextEntry()
> or
> CSwordLDKey* CSwordLDKey::NextEntry()

You know we talked about this topic. AFAIK we said, that functions should get
a pointer to modify to prevent memory leaks. For example if we return a
CSwordLDKey it would probably create some memory leaks.
Using only NextEntry() would be bad because we can't work with other keys.

Do you agree?

> The argument doesn't make sense and I believe is not used anywhere.
> Why should a key modify another key?
>
> That is also valid for all the corresponding functions in CSwordLDKey and
> CSwordVerseKey. Do you agree? Should I change it?
>
> My question again: how ist the state of the QT license issue?

I don't know.

> Martin

--Joachim