[bt-devel] Backend

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:08:42 +0200

Hi,

On Fre, 13 Okt 2000, you wrote:
> Martin,
> 	I changed the parts we talked about. But I think there are probably some
> missing functions. Which functions do we need? The search functions have to
> be implemented.

I don't have the overview at the moment, sorry. But thank you for your good
and solid work, especially the documentation ;)).

> Here's a list of topics we should discuss here:
> 	-How should we handle the unlock functions? I think we should use our old
> function which writes the key into the config file.

Yes. Only for Sword Modules.

> 	-How should we handle the module search index things? Implement a function
> to generate the index? Generate it if search begins? Or use an own dialog
> for this?

IMO always create the index automatically, cause it is the desired thing.
another dialog is not necessary. We should have something to notify the user
which stage the search is at, maybe a status bar saying "creating index for
module X" , "searching module X",...

> Martin, please have a look at the current design. Is it correct or should
> we change something?

Looks good to me.
Thanx again!

Martin