[bt-devel] Thoughts about the Win port and misc things

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 23:42:02 GMT

> Which plattforms are important in your opinion:
> 	[ ] 	RedHat 7.0
> 	[ ] 	RedHat 6.2
> 	[ ] 	SuSE 7.0
> 	[ ] 	SuSE 6.4
> 	[ ] 	Caldera 2.4
> 	[ ] 	Caldera 2.3
> 	[ ] 	FreeBSD 4.1
> 	[ ] 	FreeBSD 4.0
> 	[ ]	Mandrake 7.2
> 	[ ]	Mandrake 7.1
> 	[ ]	Debian 2.2
> 	[ ]	Debian 2.0
> 	[ ]	Cortel Linux 1.2
>	[ ]	others (please give their names)

The reviews I have heard concerning Redhat 7.0 will keep me from suggesting
it for any use.  Perhaps 7.1 will be better...

The only one of these distributions that currently supports KDE 2 out of
the box (from my knowledge) is Manrake 7.2  So it should be the key
platform.

For any other platform, there would also be a dependence on loading KDE 2.0
which, I'm sorry to say, is harder than installing an entire OS from
scratch.  I know this, it is why I slid out of the development for BT, it
was just too hard to get a stable environment.  It still appears to be
harder to upgrage KDE than to upgrade my entire OS!

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...