[bt-devel] Imprtant Makefile change

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 May 2000 15:31:05 GMT

Hi Joachim, and the rest of the group!

I have been unable to compile since I rebuilt my system last week using
RedHat 6.2, but I think the problems are unrelated to that change, and
could potentially be related to this change that Jopachim forwarded.

First, I have no clue how to compile the new stuff, but I finally got to
the point where I was told to grab another KDE package via CVSUP (I don't
have the message in front of me) and to link a file in admin to the current
directory.  Well, I am behind a Proxy, so CVSUP is not an option, and the
snapshots don't have the module the instructions says to install, and when
I download the kdeadmin snapshot (the likely snapshot to find admin/*).  It
won't compile.

I hate to whine, but I have spent more time on this project trying to
figure out how to accomodate other people's changes than I have actually
coding.  Could we perhaps develop a process, or a document that would cover
what changes are taking place that impact the ability to compile?

All I can tell for sure is that running ./configure doesn't seem to be
required any more, as it isn't there, although all of the files that I
thought were input files to configure are still there, and that this new
message is showing up.

I am feeling that what little effort I am able to spend is wasted with too
many "housekeeping" chores to keep myself able to compile.

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...