[bt-devel] BAD BAD news

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:09:16 +0000

Hi!

You wrote on Mon, 05 Mai 1997:
>Hi everybody,
>
>this is not that bad. I changed my opinion about the dndmanaging - i will
>place the code right in the presenters, groubmanager etc. The mimetypes will
>be declared in resource.h. So there should be no linking problems any more.

Ok.
One thing I noticed in your code: You write e->accept; but it has to be e->accept();
I think this is the result od coding Delphi and Pascal ;-)

>Anyway we should try to find out a solution for the problem - it might
> become serious later.
>Where is the difference between shared and static libraries? And why is it
>that difficult?

The difference is, that static libs are directly linked into the binary, but shared are not in the executable but own files.
They are loaded at runtime.

--Joachim