[bt-devel] BAD BAD news

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 29 May 2000 23:57:07 +0000

Hi!

I'm unable to get it working before and after moving the cdragndropmanager.* files into bibletime/

It's caused by dependencies.

e.g. libcgroupmanager.a requires it, libpresenters.a requires it and bibletime.o requires it.

The problem is that  libs or object files used by other libs or object files _have_ to be linbke before them
(they have to be before them in the commandline while linking).

Don't ask me why, but it doesn't work.

I was thinking about the big projects out there and how they manage it: IMHO they use shared libs.

Is here some Makefile guru on the list who want to help us?
Otherwise it will reqire dratsic things (donm't know yet) to solve this nasty thing.

Please try to get it working!

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de