[bt-devel] drag and drop

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 26 May 2000 15:56:59 +0200

Hi,

first of all: Bibletime is great! I tool a deeper look at the sources and I
really like it. It is quite well structured. Much better than 0.2x!!!

Joachim, I thought about Drag and Drop. My proposals (as a newbie):

1. QTextDrag knows about sub-mimetypes (e.g. text/plain, text/html). We use
this feature by introducing our own. (e.g. text/bible/reference). Thereby the
content of the Drag is indicated.

2. We implement a class CDragAndDropManager (in /frontend/dndmanager).
It countains all the dnd management code of the presenters, the groupmanager
etc. If such a widget receives a dndevent, it calls a widget-specific
function in this (friend!) class. Thereby we will be able to maintain dnd
code of all widgets easy.
e.g. processQDropEvent(CBiblePresenter *, QDropEvent *).
The content of the QTextDrag will decide what to do with it, and
CDragAndDropManager will eventually call functions from the sender object.
We only have to add similar functions for different widgets.

Joachim, please send (or post) some screenshots. That is a very good Idea! We
can only learn from other projects!
I would not like to give the search dialog a new layout without discussion
and coparison with other projects. Also I don't know about new features for
the search dialog. We should forget about the present one for a while, and
think about a new one. What features would be useful, and what layout would
make work easier?
But I would rather like to start with the DND management - if you like the
Idea.

waiting for your comments

Martin

P.S. Joachim, the lines are

bibletime_init.cpp:145	//CHECK_PTR(windowMenu);
and
the second one I don't remember. It contains setCipherKey() you recently
implemented it while discussing with Troy.