[bt-devel] Call for developers

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 23 May 2000 23:44:26 +0200

Hi everybody,

I am a 19 year old German living in Oranienburg (near Berlin). Since I almost
finished my A-level exam and seem to have a little more time in future I want
to contribute to bibletime.

I started programming when I got my own computer using Turbo Pascal. Later I
switched to Delphi, and since I am using linux I try to learn C/C++.
I programmed because it was fun (even prime numbers can be exciting).
I am not very familiar with OOP yet, nor do I know QT/KDE very well.
You might have to answer many senseless questions if you take me into the
team... But I am monitoring bt-devel and sword-devel since 1999 and thereby
have basic information.

But I wish to learn and become better. The same is true for bibletime; actually
IMO its aim can only be to become the BEST bible study tool EVER and bless
everybody using it. There is a very long way to go (just compare with
Bibleworkshop, a german bible program [www.bibleworkshop.de]).

Martin