[bt-devel] windowList()

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 22:28:15 GMT

Torsten Uhlmann writes:

> windowList is declared in qworkspace.h which is in the _new_ qt-copy.
> When I cvsup'ed yesterday I found qt-copy updated (many changes). After
> compiling it and kdelibs I found that BT had problems with clientList
> because it was renamed into windowList.
>
> So you need to update your qt.

I updated to the Qt-2.1.0beta2 last night in case that is where the problem
resided (unfortunate choice of beta2 instead of copy).  I was unable to get
KDE Libraries to compile, so I probably need to move to the QT-Copy.

> I'm very sorry for the hassle it's kind like catching the train and never
> succeed but what else could we do?

It's not your fault.  The good news is that with Qt in beta, changes should
be a little less major at that level.  I would expect KDE to hit Beta
status soon.

Since I haven't been involved in KDE development before, at what stage in
the freeze process are the libraries finalized?  I would suspect that it is
early on since the other parts of the environment use them, but this is
only assumption.

> If you have direct internet connection (no Proxy) I'd strongly recommend
> using cvsup that saves a lot of problems for you and is really easy to set up.

Connection speed is no problem, as I have a cable modem, and can download
all of the source code in a few minutes (in fact downloading all of
BibleTime from CVS takes less than 30 seconds).  The hard part is the hour
or more spent recompiling everything this way.

Thanks for your help and guidance.

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Help California define marriage the way God does...
   Support Proposition 22!   Vote YES on Prop 22!