[bt-devel] Plugin support?

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:15:11 +0000

Hi!

Some time ago I was thinking about plugin support in BibleTime.
We offer plugins the functions of the backend and some things of the frontend
stuff and the plugins will perform some spedial things. We can even use
KParts to embed plugins.

Torsten had this idea but we were unable to implement it.

Last time some applications like KDevelop2 and some other apps implemented
plugin support.

I think easy extendability is important so we should _now_ implement the
required things.
Plugins will make it much more easy to let third party coders implement their
functions (e.g. a "Bible crossword creator" or "Fill the gap").

What do you think?
Is here somebody experienced in implementing plugins?
--Joachim