[bt-devel] actions

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 23:54:27 +0200

Hi,

Am Mit, 21 Jun 2000 schrieb Joachim Ansorg:
> Hi Martin!
>
> Am Mit, 21 Jun 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > i implemented dragging around of bookmarks. Please test + comment.
>
> I looked short into your code. I saw you do only create bookmarks if the
> source of the drag is the viewport(), but shouldn't it be possible to drag
> items from the searchdialog or other instaces of BibleTime?
> But maybe I look too short ;-)

Just have some patience ;-) , thats what I am using the sub-mimetypes for.

> > Now I need to implement Drag and Drop in the presenters. I tried to
> > override viewportDragEnterEvent (and the others) in CHTMLWidget, but it
> > doesn't work. Instead of accepting drops they are rejected. Where do I
> > have to search?
>
> I looked into QTextView and saw that QTextView defines viewportDropEvent
> etc. as non-virtual functions! This is appearantly a bug in QT! I'll ask on
> the QT mailinglist.
> But maybe I'm wrong. I'll inform you what the result is.

Please do that!!!  Can we have a workaround until then? Maybe we
setAcceptDops(false) in QTextBrowser and handle the DragEvents in
KTMainWindow of the modulepresenters? But what about the mouse move events,
where we have to start drags in a different way than they are started now?

> > Joachim, good work. I have one major problem: the main Toolbar has only 1
> > entry (New File). If I try to edit the toolbar, nothing happens after
> > pressing ok, although the other actions like "Show Footnotes" are listed
> > in "available actions". Why?
>
> It works on my system ;-)
> Delete .kde/share/apps/bibletime/* in your home directory and try again!
> Don't forget to do a "make install" from time to time.

thanks.
I like your encrypted module dialog.

Martin