[bt-devel] actions

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:40:15 +0000

Hi Martin!

Am Mit, 21 Jun 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i implemented dragging around of bookmarks. Please test + comment.

I looked short into your code. I saw you do only create bookmarks if the
source of the drag is the viewport(), but shouldn't it be possible to drag
items from the searchdialog or other instaces of BibleTime?
But maybe I look too short ;-)

> Now I need to implement Drag and Drop in the presenters. I tried to
> override viewportDragEnterEvent (and the others) in CHTMLWidget, but it
> doesn't work. Instead of accepting drops they are rejected. Where do I have
> to search?

I looked into QTextView and saw that QTextView defines viewportDropEvent etc.
as non-virtual functions! This is appearantly a bug in QT! I'll ask on the QT
mailinglist.
But maybe I'm wrong. I'll inform you what the result is.

> Joachim, good work. I have one major problem: the main Toolbar has only 1
> entry (New File). If I try to edit the toolbar, nothing happens after
> pressing ok, although the other actions like "Show Footnotes" are listed in
> "available actions". Why?

It works on my system ;-)
Delete .kde/share/apps/bibletime/* in your home directory and try again!
Don't forget to do a "make install" from time to time.

--Joachim