[bt-devel] The next steps to version 1.0

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:06:59 +0000

Hi!

Here are some things I forgot:

Things which should be discussed:
--------------------------
	-Plugin support
	IMHO plugins shouldn't be used to replace things like presenters or
printing, plugins should be used to add some new functionality which will
appear in a special menu in the menubar. One things could be "Bible crossword
puzzle" or "fill the gap" (as far as I remember Darwin said this). The
mentioned example could be useful for sunday school.

	-KPart support
	I don't know if this is worth it. KParts are used to embed other programs in
another one (used in KOffice). We could use KParts to embed other programs
like KWord in the commentary editor. But I'm not sure if this is possible.

	-A sermon backend
	A sermon backend could be used to write own sermon. The saved files won't be
SWORD files, they would have an own format. The backend should contain
specialsupport for writing sermons.

What do you think about the features? Are they useful or not? Do you need
things a little bit different of my ideas?

Please comment about it.

--Joachim