[bt-devel] BibleTime versions

Jeffrey Hoyt bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:22:29 -0700

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Hi Jeff!
>
> > IMHO, as soon as printing is implemented, BT will be ready to be released
> > as 1.0.  At the present rate, it will have to wash dishes before it gets
> > released as 1.0!  ;-)
> > Seriously, it would be a morale boost for all involved, as well as
> > present it to book licencers and potential distributors as a mature,
> > capable product (which it will be very soon), rather than a fly-by-night
> > hack. Isn't Sword up to 1.5.1?  BT is 1.0 quality software, and needs to
> > be released as such.
>
> IMHO we could do 1.0 afetr 0.3, but it's a huge "jump"  about version
> numbers. This is not good everytime.

To me, numbers below 1.0 represent development versions.  1.0 represents the
first version for public consumption, whether it is soon or long after 0.1,
0.2, 0.3, etc.

> > Other issues:
> > Is Bibletime supposed to stay resident in memory after it is closed?  It
> > seems to be occupying ~1.5 megs without being open.
>
> This is a bug. I havn't found it yet. Will be fixed after 0.3final. Simply
> do "killall bibletime" to remove it from memory.

Thanks.

> > Importing bookmarks doesn't work very well.  I created a "database" of
> > the parables of Jesus categorized, so I had sometimes 5 nested levels of
> > folders. When I imported it, it lost some, and didn't get the nesting
> > right at all.
>
> It doesn't work? I tested it havily and I thought it worked right.
> Could you please send me the exported bookmark file? I need it to test the
> import function.
> Some minutes agi I tested it with some sub-sub-olders etc. It worked
> (nromal saving and importing).

I'll send my .btb file to you later.  It could have been corrupted in the
save.  Also, I haven't updated Sword in a while.  Could that cause problems
bookmarking?

> > Who named the Bibletime project?  Torsten Uhlmann?  Joachim?
>
> The name "BibleTime" was Torstens idea. It's a really good name.

I always liked "KBible" (how terribly original)!  ;-)

--
| http://jhoyt.faithweb.com |
    Don't be conservative.