[bt-devel] BibleTime versions

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:20:45 +0000

Hi Jeff!

> IMHO, as soon as printing is implemented, BT will be ready to be released
> as 1.0.  At the present rate, it will have to wash dishes before it gets
> released as 1.0!  ;-)
> Seriously, it would be a morale boost for all involved, as well as present
> it to book licencers and potential distributors as a mature, capable
> product (which it will be very soon), rather than a fly-by-night hack.
> Isn't Sword up to 1.5.1?  BT is 1.0 quality software, and needs to be
> released as such.

IMHO we could do 1.0 afetr 0.3, but it's a huge "jump"  about version
numbers. This is not good everytime.

> Other issues:
> Is Bibletime supposed to stay resident in memory after it is closed?  It
> seems to be occupying ~1.5 megs without being open.

This is a bug. I havn't found it yet. Will be fixed after 0.3final. Simply do
"killall bibletime" to remove it from memory.

> Importing bookmarks doesn't work very well.  I created a "database" of the
> parables of Jesus categorized, so I had sometimes 5 nested levels of
> folders. When I imported it, it lost some, and didn't get the nesting right
> at all.

It doesn't work? I tested it havily and I thought it worked right.
Could you please send me the exported bookmark file? I need it to test the
import function.
Some minutes agi I tested it with some sub-sub-olders etc. It worked (nromal
saving and importing).

> Who named the Bibletime project?  Torsten Uhlmann?  Joachim?

The name "BibleTime" was Torstens idea. It's a really good name.

> God bless,
> Jeff

--Joachim