[bt-devel] ideas

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:59:19 +0000

Hi Martin!

> #1 threading
> We will have the search dialog threaded - should be easy, and the searches
> can be interrupted

Yes.

> #2 itemlists
> we will have a object like CListKeyChainHolder. After the start of bt, this
> object will start a thread to collect all the ListCKeyChain of the
> installed sword modules - so they will be gathered only once. when opening
> a presenter, these listckeychain will be used if available.

Hey, a good idea! Do it in backgroound until we have them and use them for
presenters!
Did you used GnomwSWORD ? It has a nice handling of lexicon entries.

> #3 messages
> We should set up a separate header file containing all the QWhatsThis
> messages as #defines - so they will be easy maintainable. Maybe also
> possible to use it for other messages like widget names and so on.

#defines are good. A good thought Martin! Will be easy to code and maintain.
What do you mean with widget names?

> what do you think?
>
> Martin

I'm busy doing 0.3final things, could everybody please check if the icons
work properly (low- and highcolor) ? I hope I avn't forgot to commit some.
I'm waiting for the french translation and we'll release 0.3final after this.

Are there any volunnteers who want to create packages (RPM, Debian, etc.)?

--Joachim