[bt-devel] ideas

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:04:48 +0200

Hi,

these are some thoughts of mine concerning bt 0.4 and following.

#1 threading
We will have the search dialog threaded - should be easy, and the searches
can be interrupted

#2 itemlists
we will have a object like CListKeyChainHolder. After the start of bt, this
object will start a thread to collect all the ListCKeyChain of the installed
sword modules - so they will be gathered only once. when opening a presenter,
these listckeychain will be used if available.

#3 messages
We should set up a separate header file containing all the QWhatsThis
messages as #defines - so they will be easy maintainable. Maybe also possible
to use it for other messages like widget names and so on.

what do you think?

Martin