[bt-devel] CVS news

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
25 Jan 2000 18:30:28 +0100

    > Hi!
    >> Hi, how is everybody?

    > I've implemented the window-menu (updateing and select works) and
    > some GUI functions.

    > Today I've implemented a ugly looking tree containing the modules
    > and basic browsing ;-) --Joachim

    >> I added functionality to CBackEnd/CModuleInfo and enlarged their
    >> API. There are now functions provided to get Module Information
    >> like about/cipher key module description etc.
    >>
    >> I also build a little tutorial function into
    >> CBibleTimeView::initBackend() to show how you can address a
    >> module and get information from it. This info is currently only
    >> written to stdout, but you get the idea. I also added a function
    >> setModule to CModulePresenter where the groupmanager probably
    >> wants to tell the presenter which module it presents so it can
    >> handle all calls itself.
    >>
    >> BTW, The khtml_widget variable should be part of CModulePresenter
    >> since it is inherited by all presenters. You can put
    >> initialization of it in the base class and only do specific stuff
    >> in the derived presenters.

    > No, I'm against this. Later I'll add presenter for sound, maps
    > etc, so you see not every presenter is text based.

Oh, ok, so I didn't think enough :) Yes your right.

Please tell me what functions and slots you'd like in the ModuleInfo API
so I can convey the information to you. I already added functions for
getting version and datapath (just in case we need them). Tomorrow I
will think about the design of the search functionality and ways to
write to a module.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann