[bt-devel] The design of the BackEnd

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 22:12:53 +0000

Hi!

>    > Mmh, how could a directory be prepared for the presenter?
>
>It could for instance be HTML with a link for each file. But as discuss
>this you may be right. To be conform with our approach we would not need
>a DirectoryInfo but a FileInfo, e.g. a module for each file that should
>be presented. The FileInfo will then take care of how to present the
>module. Yes I think this is better. But it does not change the overall
>approach, just a detail.

>    > Mmh, this is IMO against using the module presenters or how would
>    > you integrate the different views in the module presenters?
>
>There needs to be one presenter class for one type of data to be
>presented. One for HTML, one for maps, I can't think of more. We
>probably will present maps with an external prog. for now, so we now
>only need the HTML presenter class.

Is HTML a text converted to HTML or an external HTML text?
If it's a converted one we should use the different presenters (bible presenter,
commentary presenter and lexikon presenter).

>    > Ok!  I'll post it the next time in this list.  One cool thing: The
>    > KDE guys made a new Menubar. Now it's possible to have the
>    > MDI-icons in the menubar like in MS-Office or in every win-app.  I
>    > think we use QextMDI.
>
>I thought we agreed on QWorkspace. What is the advantage of QextMDI in
>your eyes?

Mmh, I thiught we agreed on QextMDI. But w couls also use QWorkspace since it
doesn't slow down or bloat BT 0.3.
Now QWorkspace is our MDI widget, ok ?

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de