[bt-devel] The design of the BackEnd

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:46:21 +0000

Hi Torsten!
Sorry for being late.

You wrote:

>CDirectoryModuleInfo will look at a directory as a module and the files in it
>will be the data that can be accessed via a key (file name). So for instance a
>directory with audio sermons or maps can be shown and if the user clicks on
>one the data will be presented in the right way- managed be the ModuleInfo
>class.

Perhaps I misunderstood you but I think we should present the data using a
module presenter of the GUI which uses the right C*ModuleInfo class. Perhaps
the module presenter for directories should contain a tree like structure to
represent the directory.

An other way coud be to present the directory in a Directory presenter and
after choosing some data the right module presenter will be shown (maps,
sermons etc.).

But I think we should'nt create own module like maps or sermons for our own, we
should only use SWORD ones.

Since I have now a running KDE2 and QT2 and since the backend and GUI are being
dicussed IMO it's time to begin coding for 0.3.

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de