[bt-devel] Re: [sword-devel] Testing the ISO image

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:25:08 -0700

> Yes, I tested Darwin's CD. And I got a mail about a mini image, but I don't
> know what the actual state is. What I'd like to ask you is just to say when you
> consider the mini image in a state where you say it's updated and worth testing
> so I can download and test it.

Yes, the new image on the test site has 2 week of fixes and should be
much more useful.  I've now add 2 more downloads: nomods.tar.gz and
nomods.linonly.tar.gz.  The latter contains linux only install files and
is only about 4.5 megs.  You should be able to overlay this on top of a
directory containing your CD files and test.  I don't think I can't get
it much smaller than 4.5 megs.  Hope this is ok.

Also, I'm getting a 'no tips database installed' when I run bibletime
installed from the CD.  Am I missing something in the
bibletimebase.tar.gz file?

Redhat does not link /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 to /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.6 so
most Redhat installs fail to run Bibletime after installation.  I'll try
to make the postinstallation script look for this problem and create the
link if necessary.

> BTW, we also have an plainfootnotes option filter in BibleTime
> which is used to switch footnotes in plain biblical texts on and off. Do you
> want it in SWORD CVS?

Yes!  Anything that may be useful to others writing interfaces with the
library.

	Thanks again.